Weekend mornings are best spent with brunch, a bit of booze, the New York Times and a catch-up on guilty reads and RSS feeds. Here are a few of our favorites from the social and marketing sphere from the previous few days…
- Social media x the #NRA (via Houston Chronicle)
- the iPhone flask (!) ( via PSFK)
- @RWThinks and his $28K per year salary (via The Onion)
- JC Penney’s bizarre apology ad (via PSFK)
- Todd McLellan’s brilliant new photography series (via his site)
- Great list of digital “tools” and short-cuts (via Mashable)
- Virgin launches new sustainable threads w/THE V. Westwood (via their Pinterest)
- An infographic on Facebook’s new search algorithm and your privacy (via All Facebook)
What is inspiring you today?
April was a fantastic month. Come to think of it, March wasn’t too bad either. During those two months, we gained 2 new clients (more on that to come, we’re heads down planning at the moment), worked some amazing client events bringing the intersection of social + digital + events to life in a way that rocked. We lost our voices at Ultra Music Festival. We fell asleep at our desks the day we got home from SXSW. We joined a client for a beautiful (and buzz worthy) restaurant opening. And we fell back in love with the feeling of seeing solid work payoff.
We’re a huge fan of the concise and often colorful infographic. We also are huge football fans and have turned the draft into a basically required team building event. So we present this iProspect (via Mashable) infographic without further ado:
We’re finally recovered (mostly) from music festival season mania (Ultra. Coachella. SXSW. Was it in that order?) and having some time to dig through RSS Feeds.
Here are some recent favorites:
- Zach Braff has a KICKSTARTER! (for his new film, and it’s fab via our own digging)
- Nike, Adidas, Puma, New Balance all team up for Boston (photo above) (via limite)
- Summer is almost here, kick it off at the fab Sunset Beach (via the hotel)
- AP twitter was HACKED! (via BusinessWeek)
- Social Media x Boston (good, bad and ugly) (via The Foundry)
- Fake Disney characters roam the park? Is this the work of Banksy? (via the Onion)
- And lastly, this preview clip from True Blood (we just can’t resist) (via HBO)
Sometimes it is the little things that count, isn’t it? Like taking a weekly, monthly, daily minute to give kudos to fans, followers, friends and devoted consumers of your brand, product, place.
Although it is simple and at times overdone (to the point of exploitation) if done thoughtfully and simply, it can be a quick, thoughtful win.
We’re a fan.
Ps – Join the conversation with BULLDOG Gin on Facebook right here (21+ only, please) and you could become one of their bloody good fan favourites. Cheers.
Another year, another amazing set of SOLdier Shuttle buses stocked with fun social activity, rewards and other crazy shenanigans. Media, fans, friends and randoms are all welcome.
See that headline and it immediately might make you think either:
- A) How didn’t it?
- B) Can this really be summed up in an infographic?
- C) Some version of “duh” or AL GORE or perhaps a combo of the two?
It’s been a busy winter, some of the recent social content we have been thrilled to help create, curate and share on behalf of some of our retainer clients.